STATEMENT OF FUNDAMENTAL TRUTHS APPROVED BY THE GENERAL COUNCIL
This Statement of Fundamental truths is not intended as a creed for the Church, but as a basis of unity for the full Gospel Ministry (1 Corinthians 1:10)
- WE BELIEVE that the Bible (i.e., the Old Testaments and New Testaments excluding the Apocrypha) is the inspired Word of God, The infallible, all sufficient rule for faith and practice. 2 Timothy 3:15-16; 2 Peter 1:21.
- WE BELIEVE in the unity if the One True and Living God who is eternal, self-existent “I AM”, who also revealed Himself as One being in Three Persons – Father, Son and the Holy Spirit. Deuteronomy 6:4, Mark 12:9, Matthew 28:19.
- WE BELIEVE in the virgin birth, sinless life, miraculous ministry, substitutionary atoning death, bodily resurrection, triumphant ascension and abiding intercession of the Lord Jesus Christ and in His premillennial second advent as the blessed hope set for the believers. Isaiah 7:14, Matthew 1:23, Hebrew 7:26, 1 Peter 2:22, Acts 2:22, Acts 10:38, 2 Corinthians 5:21, Hebrews 9:12, Luke 24:39, 1 Corinthians 15:14, Acts 1:9, Ephesians 4:8-10, Romans 8:34, Hebrews 7:25, 1 Corinthians 15:22-24, 1 Corinthians 15:51-57, 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18, Revelations 20:1-6.
- WE BELIEVE in the fall of man, who was created pure and upright, but fell by voluntary transgression. Genesis 1:26-31, Genesis 3:1-7, Romans 5:12-21.
- WE BELIEVE in salvation through faith in Christ, who died for our sins according to the Scriptures and through His blood we have redemption. Titus 2:11, Titus 3:5-7, Romans 10:8-15, 1 Corinthians 15:3-4. This experience is also known as the New Birth, and is instantaneous and compete operation of the Holy Spirit upon initial faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. John 3:5-6, James 1:18, 1 Peter 1:23, 1 John 5:11.
- WE BELIEVE the baptism by immersion in water is enjoined upon al who have really repented and have truly believed with all their hearts in Christ as Savior and Lord. Matthew 28:19, Acts 10:47-48, Acts 2:38-39.
- WE BELIEVE in the baptism in Holy Spirit, the initial evidence of which is the speaking with other tongues as the Spirit gives the utterance. Acts 2:4, Acts 10:44-46, Acts 11:14-16, Acts 19:6, Isaiah 8:18.
- WE BELIEVE that the gifts of the Holy Spirit and the Offices have been set by God in the Church, as recorded in New Testament. 1 Corinthians 12:4-11, 1 Corinthians 4:28, Ephesians 4:7-16.
- WE BELIEVE in holiness of life, and conduct in obedience to the comment of God ‘Be Ye Holy for I am Holy”. 1 Peter 1:14-16, Hebrews 12:14, 1 Thessalonians 5:23, 1 John 2:6, 1 Corinthians 13.
- WE BELIEVE that the deliverance from sickness, by Divine Healing, is provided for in the atonement. Isaiah 53:4-5, Matthew 8:16-17, James 5:13-16.
- WE BELIEVE the Breaking of Bread is enjoined upon all believers until the Lord comes. Luke 22:14-20, 1 Corinthians 11:20-34.
- WE BELIEVE in the bodily resurrection of all men, the everlasting conscious bliss of all who truly believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and that everlasting conscious punishment is the portion of all whose names are not in the Book of Life. John 5:28-29, 1 Corinthians 15:22-24, Daniel 12:2-3, Matthew 25-46, 2 Thessalonians 1:9, Revelation 20:10-15.