Junior Church meets on Sundays from 10.30am to 12.15pm. The first half an hour is spent with the adults in the main church. Around 11am the children go into the rear hall and have their own time together singing songs, discovering different bible stories, playing games, getting stuck into some arts 'n' crafts and generally having a fun time!
The group sponsor a young girl in Africa called Prima. The sponsorship helps to pay for her schooling and basic living needs. We encourage the children to write to Prima, it's always very exciting and rewarding when we recieve a letter back detailing Prima's progress and reading her words of gratitude is so very heart warming and encouraging!
If you are considering joining us at Holmcroft Church or just planning to visit and you have a young family you can be sure of a warm welcome and plenty of activities for your young ones to enjoy. If you are a young person looking at this website and would like to come along to Junior Church come on down and join us or click on the contacts tab above or give us a call if you would like to find out more information or if you have any questions.
We look forward to welcoming you!
What we believe
- We believe the Bible is the Word of God. It is total truth and provides us with principles for every area of life. The Bible is the world’s best-selling book of all time!
- We believe in One True Loving God. We believe He is alive and wants to have a personal relationship with us. He co-exists in three Persons - Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe He was born of a virgin and lived a sinless life. While He lived on earth He performed supernatural miracles. He died to take away the sins of the world. He was crucified on a cross, buried in a tomb, was resurrected from the dead on the third day and He ascended into heaven. We believe He will return to earth a second time in the future.
- We believe man has sinned against God. Adam and Eve were the first humans and were created pure but wilfully broke God's laws. As a result sin entered the world. We believe all of us have sinned according to Romans 3 v 23 and therefore need God's forgiveness.
- We believe in eternal life and judgement. Those who have committed their lives to following Jesus and sought His forgiveness will spend eternity with Him in heaven. However those who have not will be eternally seperated from God and be punished for their sins.
- We believe salvation and forgiveness are only found through faith in Jesus Christ. We believe there is one God and one mediator between God and man, Jesus Christ. He died on the cross that our sins may be forgiven. He was buried and after three days He was raised from the dead. Sin and death could not defeat Him.
- We believe you must be born again to go to heaven. We believe the Holy Spirit changes you on the inside when you put your trust in Jesus. We believe when someone becomes a Christian they become a brand new person on the inside, the old has gone and the new has come.
- We believe in water baptism, not by sprinkling water on your head but by being fully immersed in water. In this way we follow Jesus' example.
- We believe in the Holy Spirit baptism. The evidence of the Holy Spirit baptism is the supernatural ability to speak in tongues - a language we have not learned or have known.
- We believe the Holy Spirit gives us special gifts. He empowers us and gives us the ability to do what Jesus did here on earth.
- We believe we should live holy lives. Through obedience to the principles and teachings in the Bible we can live lives that please God.
- We believe in supernatural healing. We pray for the sick because we believe God still does miracles today.
- We believe that everyone who has become a Christian should remember His great sacrifice for us by regularly participating in communion. (We participate in communion every Sunday morning).
- We believe that Jesus is the Son of God who came to give us life, an abundant life, a life that's worth living!
- We believe we are part of God's worldwide family. We believe we have found the purpose of life to be in knowing God and making Him known.
BECOMING A CHRISTIAN
The Bible tells us that in order to love and serve the Living God we must first accept His Son, Jesus Christ, as our Saviour and Lord. This means that we need to acknowledge that we, in our attempts to live the life God had granted us, have fallen far short of the perfect standard that God requires. Our problem is that we are controlled by self-interest and sin; we are therefore incapable of reaching God's standard in our own strength. You see, you are a threefold being: You are a spirit, you have a soul (mind, will, emotions), and you live in a body. Jesus referred to this in a conversation with Nicodemus (John 3:3-7).
Jesus said to Nicodemus (a religious teacher of the day), “You must be born again.” Nicodemus replied, “What do you mean? Do I have to go back again into my mother’s womb?” Jesus answered, “No. What is born of the flesh is flesh. What is born of the Spirit is spirit.”
Being born again is a spiritual rebirth. When you make Jesus the Lord of your life, the Holy Spirit comes to dwell in you and causes your spirit to be re-created. According to 2 Corinthians 5:17, when you accept Jesus as your Lord, you become a new creation; old things pass away and all things become new. As far as God is concerned, at that moment, you stand before Him as a brand-new person. You are reborn from sin and death to righteousness and new life. That is a fact. Many millions around the world can testify to the life changing power of the Holy Spirit!
The Bible also tells us that Jesus Christ, God's only Son was crucified and died, shedding His blood, that we might be 'washed' clean from our sin and wrong doing. He, on the cross, also made a Way for God to come and live in each one of us through His perfect sacrifice. We however have a choice to make, that is to accept the sacrifice that Jesus has made and invite Him to come and live inside of us. When we do this the Holy Spirit of God will enter our lives, taking charge and making it possible for us to live a life worthy of God, making a way for us to live up to the standard God has set.
If you would like to take that all important first step to becoming a Christian then pray and ask Jesus to forgive you for living your life for yourself, for rejecting and ignoring God. Ask for forgiveness concerning those things you have said, thought and done which have offended God. Ask for God’s strength and help as you now seek to live this ‘new life’ for Him. Amen
Once you have made a decision to follow Christ it’s important to ‘belong’ as well as ‘believe’. Come and see us and be part of Holmcroft Family Church.
We look forward to welcoming you!